Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sleep Deprived!

Looks like Mackenzie has caught herself a bit of a cold......I was not looking forward to this. It started around 2:45am last night :( Now, Mackenzie has plenty of personality quirks that make my life exhausting (see previous posts describing her high energy & lack of a desire to sit or lay in the same place for very long!) but one thing my beautiful girl does, that I love, is sleep soundly at night. Since 7 weeks of age, she has done this so well & it has slowly increased in length from that wonderful night so many weeks ago. Now, it's not always easy to get her to go to bed & randomly in the night she does wake up but all it takes is to put her pacifier back in and we're good to go! Well, not last night.

At 2:45, I went in there and tried my usual pacifier trick. Not working. And she sounded a bit congested. I wasn't sure if it was from crying or true sickness. But after rocking her to sleep & her waking back up immediately when placed in the crib (again, not normal for her), then more rocking, walking, holding, and finally nursing her (probably should have done this sooner, but she NEVER wakes up to eat before 6am). She was back in bed at 4:15am. UGH! Man, am I glad she normally sleeps so well. She did sleep in til 8am, so I can't complain too much. Her nose is a bit runny, but she doesn't seem too affected by it. She didn't take a very good morning nap in the crib, so I'm spoiling her a bit and allowing her to take all naps today in her swing like she loves! I figure she needs good sleep while sick & this helps her stay upright to help with drainage. She's been snoozing like a champ in that thing. Man do I love that swing!

No comments: