Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Baby Dedication

This past Sunday was baby dedication day at our church. Our church doesn't do christenings but it is a similar idea. It is a public statement to our friends, family, & church that we want to raise her in a Christian home & that we want the church members' support in our effort to lead her to a relationship with Jesus.

We had quite a crowd come to town to see her dedication. My parents, Brannon's parents, & my sister were all here this weekend in our house. WOW! 8 people in our house if you count little Mackenz! She wore the gown that my mom handmade - which included a handmade slip & bonnet. So cute :) She held up pretty well - she was the only baby to get a bit fussy (out of 9 dedicated that day!) but luckily I brought my lifesaver (the pacifier) with me and she sucked on it and was perfect after that! But she was worn out from the event by the time we got home, so I'm going to attempt to take some more formal type shots later this week in the gown when she's more up for a photo shoot! But here are some of the highlights from Sunday:

Just arrived at the church - chilling (aka snoozing) with Baby Jay in their carseats!












Family shot before the service. (I kept a bib on her until the last minute to protect the dress!)












Putting on the bonnet - isn't she precious!?!?












In front of the church listening to the dedication

















Brannon introducing Mackenzie to the church

















Back at home - the best closeup of the dress I got on Sunday

















Sweet shot of the girls!

3 comments:

Mommy Attorney said...

Cute dress! Grandma did a great job. I can't wait for formal pictures!

Sara said...

Wow, I didn't know that everyone was coming in for the dedication, even your sister. That's awesome. Mackenzie looks beautiful, like an angel. Love all the pictures. Call us soon!!

The Platt Family said...

These are great pictures! I can't believe how big she is getting.