Hello Everyone! I'm back & bigger & smarter than ever! Today I turned 4 months old, and once again, Mommy says she can't believe it. (Will she say this every month I'm alive?!?!? So far, she has!!). I am getting bigger, I must admit - although it's not quite at the pace of some other babies. We'll see if I've hit 12 pounds on Tuesday when I go for my next check up. Mommy thought I might be 12 pounds by now, but then she weighed me on the home scale, and I was still 11.something....so we'll see! Who knows how accurate this scale is anyways!I've made some serious advancements this month, even if I'm still on the smaller side. I love to "talk" all the time now, and mommy & daddy really love to hear me talk! Too bad they seem to not understand me too well yet. They need to work on that. I can now say that I consistently roll from my stomach to back (no more fluke rolls!) and everyone has seen it for themselves (they are really big on seeing me do it). I've rolled from back to stomach a lot, but mostly when swaddled & when no one is looking. Mommy really wants to catch me doing this as well. But it's my decision, so she has to wait a little longer. It's important for her to remember who is in charge around here! I'm getting pretty good at holding up my head, so I get to sit in my Bumbo seat and my exersaucer now. These are fun - I feel like I'm a big girl not having to lay down like a baby! Mommy says I'm an active baby who likes to squirm, so these type of activities are great ways to keep me entertained & happy. She also said that my squirming is making it harder for her to take my growing picture shots! Again....remember who is in charge! I've really started to play with my toys. I love to reach out and grab them and try to put them in my mouth. Speaking of mouths, mine is starting to drool all the time now. Mommy is wondering if I'm starting to teethe. (Daddy sprouted his first chomper at 4 months.....we'll keep you posted!).
I've gotten on a pretty good schedule. I usually go to bed now between 9-10, and wake up between 7-8 (although I've allowed Mommy to sleep til 8:30 or 9 on occasion if she's been good!). I'm getting used to the bedtime routine & particularly like bathtime. I could lay in that bath forever with mommy pouring warm water all over me. On days when I'm showing who's in control (mommy calls it fussy), she has let me stay in there for 20+ minutes because I'm in heaven in that bathtub!
Well, it's been a big month full of accomplishments. Who knows what next month will hold for me! Mommy says she thought she'd be sadder about me getting bigger.....and while there is a part of her that wishes I could stay small forever, there is a much bigger part that loves seeing me grow and develop and learn new things every day! So, I'll sign off for now and be back in a month to tell you how January unfolds for me! Here are some more pictures from today's photo shoot.
.
Love always,
Mackenzie
.
Ooops....Skylar wants in on the action!
.
Checking out the doggie.....I've started noticing them from time to time now!
Combining a smile with a finger chew.....I can multi-task now!!


2 comments:
Kennedy is Jealous of her hair! :)
I love the bottom picture - she looks like she's about to play a trick on someone!
Post a Comment