Well, we made it back from our travels to Florida for the holidays & we had a great time spending time with our families and celebrating Mackenzie's First Christmas. I'll hopefully get some photos up shortly so you can see some of what we did while we were in sunny Florida (it was really warm!!).
In the meantime, I've been tagged by my friend MommyAttorney, which means I'm supposed to list 7 interesting/wierd/normal things about myself. I'm also supposed to tag 7 friends to do the same.....so, all my blogger friends you've been tagged (Heather, Danielle, Sara, Sarah, Mary, Kim, & Kendra). I have a hard time imagining there is much interesting about me, so hopefully I can come up with 7 things.....here goes -
1. I'm one of the few people who was actually born on their due date (I've been late ever since though!). To make it doubly interesting, Mackenzie was also born exactly on her due date. What can I say, we are prompt at entering the world!
2. I love photography. If I can ever find time to enhance my skills, I would love to do it professionally. This is partly why I am so obsessed with pictures - my latest subject of course is Mackenzie, but I've tortured many a family member (& dog) with my obsession! I think this is also part of why I am addicted to my blog - it is a great way to share the pics of my latest subject.
3. My husband and I have known each other since high school. We didn't date back then, however, so we're not technically high school sweethearts. We were just good friends who ended up being the only two from our high school that year to go to Georgia Tech. A few years into Georgia Tech was when we finally figured out we should be more than friends....and here we are now :) And interestingly enough, both sets of our parents knew/dated their spouse in high school as well.
4. I cheered at the collegiate level - being tossed way up in the air - at Georgia Tech. My sister cheered there as well. I think we were fulfilling the fight song for my dad (also an alum) which says "If I had a daughter, I'd dress her in white & gold, and put her on the campus to cheer for the brave & bold!"
5. I taught middle school math at an inner city school and deserved the extra "combat pay" teachers receive there.....I ended up leaving after 2 threatening phone calls & having an unknown pill crushed up and stuck in my water bottle (which I drank). After a police investigation, it turned out to be a over the counter pill, but I was freaked out! Maybe one day I'll go back to teaching (in a less threatening environment!).
6. Before moving to Tallahassee (where I met my husband), I lived in Amelia Island, Florida. When I started dating my husband, it turned out his family had a beach condo there, so now I was able to go back regularly. This is where we got engaged & we named Mackenzie Amelia after this favorite place of ours.
7. I love to watch football - which was endearing to my football loving husband. And I don't mean I like to watch it if my husband is watching.......I know the rules, players, scores, rankings, etc & can hold my own in a male dominated conversation on the sport :) Almost every Sat/Sun - our TV is on a game whether Brannon is home or not!
April 26 - Hunker Down Day 45
6 years ago


2 comments:
I would like to say that I knew almost every fact about you! The only one I didn't was that Mackenzie's middle name was from Amelia Island! :)
Ha! I opened the comments to see that someone else had been counting. I only knew 4 out of 7.
You certainly deserved the extra combat pay. So scary!
Post a Comment