Sunday, December 7, 2008

First Santa Visit

We did make it to the mall as scheduled yesterday for Mackenzie's first Santa visit! She was super excited (okay.....it was me that was super excited!). Brannon thought I was a little ridiculous insisting on this adventure (asking how much is this going to cost me??), but he had alot of fun I think even if he doesn't go as crazy as me! He also saw that I was not alone in my craziness as we got in line behind many other mommies & daddies and their little ones!
.
My goal was to get to the mall right when it opened at 10am for the shortest line possible, but as usual with a newbie, we didn't quite make our goal. However, we made it by 10:45 in line....not bad. The line didn't look too long, but Brannon asked how long it would take - she said 1 hour 15 minutes to an hour & a half!!! REALLY?? It didn't look that long. But we stayed. We had come so far to turn back now! I went ahead and gave Mackenzie a bottle while we waited. Then, Brannon held her and showed her all the decorations in line while we waited. She seemed happy....whew!! (And it turned out to only be about a 50 minute wait).

We made it to Santa before the sleepy time break down occured. She sat beautifully in his lap in the dress from Granmommy! Brannon & I were making the typical fools of ourselves trying to get her to smile (funny how you used to think you would never do that!). We couldn't get her to smile, but I was just glad she didn't cry. Smiling would've been just icing on the cake. I'm really happy with her 1st Santa visit picture. And here's the long awaited photo that some of you have been asking me to post:

4 comments:

Heather said...

At least your santa smiled :) Great photo and CUTE dress!

kregister said...

We looked silly to trying to get Ansley to smile, never thought in a million years I would make that big of a fool out of myself!! Ha!

Sara said...

Awe, this is so cute. Love the dress and little red shoes.

N Ramsey said...

More pictures in the red christmas dress!