Friday, December 5, 2008

Mackenzie is 3 Months Old!

Hi Folks! Yesterday, I turned 3 months old! Can you believe it?? Mommy definitely can't believe it! She says I'm just getting bigger and bigger - and I'm pretty excited about that! Over the past month, I've really started talking (in my own language of course!) and cooing at people (and sometimes just to myself!). I smile alot now and have even coordinated a smile with a laughing sound - mommy really enjoyed that! I have really discovered my hands, and I like to inspect them and start putting fingers in my mouth! Mmmm! I've really started to enjoy bathtime, so we try to do them nightly now. I smile and coo the whole time the warm water is running over me :)


I'm still a good sleeper - up to at least 9 hours most nights. Mommy says she can't even remember the last time I woke her up before 6am, and most days its at least 7, if not 8. However, mommy is not totally satisfied with my sleep habits....she is trying really hard to make me go to bed earlier than I've been going to bed. But I show signs of my daddy's personality (he's a night owl) and I cry ALOT when she tries to put me down before 10pm. But she's not giving up easily, so we'll see how this goes..... I'm a determined little person, so I'm not giving up without a fight!

My big accomplishment last month was to roll over twice from my back to my stomach. I woke mommy up two mornings in a row laying on my stomach! I took a break after that and haven't done it in two days, but I'm just warming back up to it I think. These episodes prompted mommy & daddy to attempt to de-swaddle me at night. I did NOT like that! I kept hitting myself & waking back up! So, now they swaddle me with one arm free, so I can have a little practice before I'm totally done with the swaddle! I'm trying really hard to roll over during the daytime, but my arms get in the way when they're not swaddled. Mommy is watching closely though to see the first time I do it while she's awake! She can't wait!! I'm gonna do it in my own time though.....she'll keep you posted!

For those of you who are wondering about my head problem.....I'm doing a lot better with turning my head to the left now. Mommy bought a "noggin nest" pillow to lay in my carseat/swing/bouncy seat that keeps my head in a good position to not get a flat head (thanks for the idea Heather!). And at night, I would fall asleep looking to the right, but after I was sound asleep, Mommy & Daddy snuck in and turned my head for me. But nowadays, I actually often start out looking to the left. So, I've made good progress and mommy & daddy aren't nearly as worried about me having a lopsided head! WHEW!!

Well, I guess that's enough updates for now. I'm getting excited about my first Christmas. I had a lot of fun at Thanksgiving, but I hear Christmas is an even bigger holiday! I'll be heading to my other grandmother's house for this one. Should be lots of fun! Hope you all enjoy the holiday season!

ttyl,
Mackenzie

I'm starting to sprout some hair.....it has a reddish tint :) Will that stay??

Mommy couldn't decide....flash or no flash for this photo shoot. Either way....I'm adorable!

Tasting the fingers.....not bad! Here mommy tried another camera setting. It shows my blue eyes - they are really dark blue, so most pictures they just look really dark & you can't tell they're blue.....will that stay too???

1 comment:

Mommy Attorney said...

Look at that red hair! So pretty!