Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Over the River and through the Woods.....

To Granmommy's house we went! We made it down from Atlanta to Tallahassee on Monday, and I am very pleased to report that Mackenzie was a great little travelling companion! My sister flew into Atlanta and then rode with Mackenzie & I to Tallahassee (Brannon made his way down on Christmas Eve). She slept for about 4 hours of the 5 hour trip, and was only a little fussy the last 30 minutes. Luckily, Natalie was on pacifier duty in the backseat, so it was not as bad as it could have been.....

We had a good time gearing up for Christmas. I'm glad I decided to come down earlier than Brannon to give Mackenzie some time to adjust to her change in scenery. It took her a couple days to get on a good schedule at Thanksgiving, so I wanted her adjusted by Christmas Eve so we wouldn't be dealing with too much crying while we were trying to enjoy the holiday! She did good overall, but it's just hard to stay on a good schedule and get her normal amount of sleep during the day - she just feels she needs to be awake so everyone can see her as much as possible I guess ;) But less sleep = fussier baby than normal. Luckily for me, there were many extra hands for holding her. Baby being held = happier baby!!

Here's some photos from our days leading up to Christmas :)

Just arrived at Grandaddy's house! (Looks a little weary from the ride!)


On a walk with Granmommy & Grandaddy (one of many tricks to keep a sleepy baby who refuses to take naps on vacation happy!)

Waking up early with mommy at the grandparents house :)

Hanging out with my favorite Aunt Natalie

In the baby carrier with Granmommy (yet another trick to keep sleepy baby happy!)


She just saw all her gifts and got really happy!

1 comment:

N Ramsey said...

Look at all that hair! You can really see it coming in now! :)