Friday, July 10, 2009

Mackenzie is 10 Months Old!

Hi Friends!

I turned 10 months old last Saturday, on the 4th of July - everyone threw a huge celebration, in fact, complete with fireworks! I think we were celebrating something else as well, but I'm not sure I understand that. And besides what is more important than me getting bigger?!?

Mommy has been slowly updating the blog and is just now getting around to putting up my monthly update letter. It's been a fun month. I got to experience the ocean for the first time - and I thought that was pretty cool. We traveled all over north florida to spend over 12 days between both sets of grandparents. I'm quite the little traveler! I did really well, considering I logged over 16 hours in the car over the course of the trip! Next up.....Colorado in one week!

I'm really starting to show just how much I've been learning and absorbing while observing mommy & daddy for all these many months. They can hardly believe I'm old enough to be doing so much stuff. First words, waving bye-bye, cleaning with a paper towel, "talking" on a cell phone, cruising all over the place, and so much more! They are really happy that I'm turning out to be a really happy go-lucky baby. They say I just get more content and easy as I get older. I'll let them think that until I get closer to two years old! HA!!

I'm still a great sleeper. Even at granmommy's house & at the beach I slept pretty well in the pack & play. Occasionally, I'd wake up and get to sleep in their beds - but they figured, we're on vacation, everyonen deserves a little treat on vacation! But I'm back to my old ways now that we're home. I'm a solid 2 naps a day, and about 11 hours at night (9pm to 8am). Mom says she'll take that!

I'm FINALLY starting to get my bottom two teeth. Luckily they haven't bothered me a bit. Mom says she would've never known to look (I think she'd given up on them!), except Granmommy felt them when she gave me my first chocolate chip cookie! (Aren't grandmothers grand???) Speaking of which, ever since that wonderful cookie, I've been a lot more open to the world of finger foods. The vomiting has almost stopped - it's been a couple weeks! And I'm trying some stuff like bits of chicken, beans, bread, and crackers. Maybe I won't be such a picky eater after all! I just needed to come into it in my own time :)

Well, I guess that's about it for the updates today. I'll leave you with our beach photo shoots from this past week.

Luv,
Mackenzie










No comments: