Monday, July 27, 2009

A Baby's Life is Never Dull


So, on our first morning back trying to get back into our old routine, we woke up to an interesting find.....  Mackenzie slept pretty late (8:45) since I think she might still be on Colorado time (it would be 6:45 there).  But I secretly (well no so secretly) hope that this is just her new wake up time!  

Anyways, she slept late & when I went in to get her, there were all these little tiny jelly-like-substance balls all over her crib.  My first thought is maybe it was one of those silicon packages that comes like in shoe boxes that say 'DO NOT EAT' and so I immediately began looking all around her crib for evidence of what she had gotten into.  But I found nothing and yelled for Brannon.

Upon entering the room, he looked at it and then said to check her diaper & sure enough - the stuff that absorbs the tee-tee had burst through and leaked.  I looked at her face & she didn't have anything around her mouth or on her hands, but I couldn't be sure she didn't eat any, so I was mildly freaking out.  Brannon managed to keep his cool (guys in general seem to be so much better at that!) and went and read some stuff online & said he didn't think it was poisonous but we should call Luvs and ask them.

So, I called Luvs and they assured me it was not poisonous, but wanted to report it to their quality department and send me some coupons for free diapers!  Satisfied that our daughter would not die, Brannon headed off to work.  But I was only semi-satisfied, so I made a call to poison control and they assured me that it was in fact not poisonous, and they get that call all the time!   

Whew!  What a start to our first day back to reality......now do I go back to expensive diapers???

3 comments:

RxR said...

You could always go diaper free--much less expensive! ;-)

SmallvilleMom said...

When the girls started sleeping 12 hrs. at night, we switched to Huggies nightime for bed time because the Wal-Mart diapers leaked after so much wetness. I've not had a leak with the Huggies yet. We also used to get these things called Diaper Doublers. They had them at Publix (but sadly, not where we are). They're pretty cheap and it's literally just an extra pad to stick in their diaper. They worked pretty well too.

Mommy Attorney said...

You know I was about to post a diaper help post because MP's diaper leaks almost every night overnight. I've never heard of them busting before. Good to know so I won't panic if it happens to us!