Sunday, November 23, 2008

And the Mother is Turning 30.....

Or should I say, 20-10?? That sounds better doesn't it? Like Brannon said.....first a baby & now this - what a year! Nothing like those two things combined to make you feel a bit older than you used to feel! I'm actually not one to freak out about my birthday or getting older, even for a "big" one like this. I think my personality is just inclined to take most things in stride. That's life, we get older. Not much you can do about it. Even all the money in the world can't fix that fact. For instance, my hairdresser just got back from a year in New York and she told me that she saw Donatella Versace (I think that's who it was....I don't know designers all that well, but it was a famous clothing designer who is now old). She said she had all sorts of plastic surgery & looked horrible. So, like I said, money can't change the fact that we get older. Better to just accept it. It's not so bad. Every age has its plusses and minuses. Being the same age forever would get old (no pun intended!). I look forward to what the next decade will bring me as we watch little Mackenzie grow :)

Anyways, I digress from the actual point of this post. My birthday is actually a few days away, but since it is on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, Brannon decided to throw me a little birthday get together this weekend. A bunch of our friends came out to a dinner at Loca Luna, a local latin tapas restaurant with live music. We had a good turnout, which makes easing into the next decade a little easier! Good food, good friends & an attempt at salsa dancing with my husband and then a little dancing with a 'real' salsa dancer - our neighbor Matt. Quite an evening. And for those of you who are concerned, Mackenzie was in excellent hands with our good family friend - Cathy, who was in town from college this weekend. She said Mackenzie did very well - and wasn't fussy (as we had warned her about). When we got home, Mackenzie was happily smiling in her arms. A great end to a great evening.
.
I now have just a few more days to enjoy in my 20s..... It's crazy to think that I will no longer be in my 20s. It's been a great first 30 years, I hope the next 30 are just as good (or better!).

3 comments:

Stephan & Mary said...

Girl, you look GREAT!! Congrats on accepting 30. I was too busy moving out of the country to worry about that.

Glad you had Cathy there. We miss her tons. She's a great one.

Mommy Attorney said...

Happy Birthday! I second the previous poster - you look fabulous for a 30 year-old new mommy!

Thanks for the comment on my blog. It was very sweet.

Diane said...

Happy Birthday, girly!! So glad I could celebrate with you. And, you are an amazing Salsa dancer! :) But, how did I not know Brannon was taking a pic of my back? That shirt may not be my best bet! LOL....