- Weight: 9 lbs 11 oz (25th percentile)
- Height: 22 inches (50th percentile)
So, to my surprise, she still has not broken into the double digits. I guess she just can't overcome her small genes! She is still in the 50 % for height, which by my definition as discussed here, that is tall for our family! Good luck keeping that up, Mackenzie!
She also got her first round of shots, and she handled it like a champ. She cried when she got them, but got over it really quickly and was dressed & asleep in her carseat within 5-10 minutes....not bad!
One concern we've had (particularly Brannon) is that she lays on the same side of her head most of the time - she has a STRONG preference to look toward the right side. I've started making a concerted effort to have her look the other way, but it is not easy. I'll lay her down and turn her head, and next thing you know it's back to the right side! So, the doctor looked at her head and she has a slight assymmetry at this point.....which means I need to be a little more agressive in helping her stretch her neck the other way - sounds like fun! The doctor isn't worried since she can look the other way, but she needs to look that way more frequently to make sure her neck muscles don't tighten up and have a harder time turning that way. We'll keep you posted on that! In the mean time, here's a shot of her successfully looking to the left when we got home from the doctor.


5 comments:
Pace was like that. One thing we did was change everything in his envorionment to make him look the other way.
So we changed his diaper with him lying so he had to look at us opposite of how he wanted to. We played with him making him look at us the opposite way.
Also there is this thing called a nogging noodle or nest - I can't remember. It's made by boppy and you can find it near the carseats at BRU .. It looks like the insert that is already in the car seat to support their head except this one has a hole in the middle so it keeps them from moving their head to the side they prefer when sitting in their carseat or you can use it in a swing and bouncy as well!
Thanks for the tips! I'll have to check that out at BRU. I think it's a little better today since I am making a major effort :)
Glad the shots went well! She's so adorable!
I'm so impressed with the shots! Sounds like you're doing all the right stuff! Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see you today!
Interesting that McKenzie weighs exactly the same as aunt Natalie and is a half inch taller at 2 months. Valerie weighed a whopping 10 lb 6 oz and was 21 1/4 inches tall. I guess all the Ramsey girls were in the 50 percentile at the start and lost ground as they grew.
Post a Comment