We have been very lucky this summer to get TWO weekends away without our little munchkin! This past weekend, Brannon's best friend from growing up (they met & became friends when they were just 3..... which incidentally is only a year older than Mackenzie..... that's crazy to think about!). Anyways, his friend Greg just finished up his PhD work in California & that's where his fiance (now wife) is from, so that's where the wedding was. And Meemi & Poppee came up to watch Mackenzie while we traveled cross country for the weekend.About an hour south of LA (or at least an hour south of the airport) was the setting & it was
absolutely beautiful. The weather is amazing there - not that hot & in fact, the nights/ mornings were even a bit chilly in JULY! Wow! I can see why people like it out there, from a weather
standpoint at least. Brannon & I enjoyed ourselves & our last little getaway before settling in for #2's arrival. I had to laugh b/c the day we arrived, we had about 5 hours to kill before the rehearsal dinner & we didn't do anything but drive by the coast & we felt like it was such a great time - amazing what not having to get someone in & out of a carseat, no diapers, etc. feels like after 2 years of doing that pretty much constantly! We don't have to go anywhere crazy or do anything spectacular to feel like we had a great vacation :) Kids really do make you appreciate the small things! It was also hard to believe that we were doing this ourselves seven years ago. It has flown by for sure.


1 comment:
You look great! Time certainly flies. I'm jealous. I'm hoping we will get a night away on our vacation with the Harpers.
Post a Comment