I love naptime! Naptime = "My" time. But one thing about naptime.....babies don't tell you ahead of time how long they plan to sleep. If I could only know that - I would know how much stuff I could get done during "my" time. You assume you have the minimum amount of time & you can get something done during that time (shower, dishes, laundry....). But then I figure she'll wake up at any time, so I dont' get too involved in any other activity and sort of waste time waiting on her. (Typically I do email/blogging). But when another hour goes by, I realize I could've used my time more productively. Oh well!
The other thing about naptime/schedules is that they never seem to stay the same. My mom told me this early on - "As soon as you get used to one schedule, they up and change it on you again!". SO true! Mackenzie is a pretty good napper. But she does change her preferences from time to time. She's been moving towards two long naps a day which is nice. She's always taken a long morning nap but then the naps got progressively shorter as the day went on & she took quite a few shorter naps. Then, she started moving toward a long afternoon nap. LOVE that! But suddenly this week her morning nap got short. Barely 30-40 minutes. UGH! Used to be at least an hour and more often and hour & a half. But with a short morning nap, she'd be up FOREVER waiting for that afternoon nap. So, today I decided to keep her up a bit longer in the morning and not put her down until 9:45. My plan worked (today anyways!). She's still sleeping? Almost two hours!!! (And of course, I was productive for the first hour and now am wasting time waiting for her to wake up!).
April 26 - Hunker Down Day 45
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment