Friday, March 27, 2009

Getting Better for the Weekend!

Well, I think we are on the upswing in the McKay household.  I feel a lot better and I think Mackenzie is feeling better as well.  She's still congested, so hopefully that will start trailing off soon.  I think she feels better because the past two days she's taken nice LONG morning naps, and today, just an hour and now I see/hear her on the monitor playing with her mirror.  She's pressing the buttons that make it say "Peek-a-boo, I see you!" & it's making me laugh!  She recently discovered her pointer finger & that it can work independently of the others.....and that has helped her in the world of button pressing!

Other news in our lives......

1.  She's now 100% bottle fed and getting plenty fat & happy!  As you all know I was a bit bummed to go to the bottle, but now that's she's on it.....it's so freeing!  She seems to love it too - I mean this girl always loved a bottle.  I had to work hard to convince her not to do the bottle in the beginning & now once she sees it her arms start flailing and you better give it to her or she will definitely SCREAM!  No patience whatsoever!  She's even holding it herself (with a little mommy assistance from time to time).

2.  She's down to two naps pretty much now.  Usually they are both fairly long - 1-2 hours (I'm thrilled when they are 2 hours).  Of course, when we run errands she catnaps here & there too.  But there is no longer a late afternoon nap, which has helped tremendously in moving up her bedtime.  Now I can easily get her down at 8:30.  I even did 8 one night last week, but I really prefer not to go too early since she doesn't have to get up for daycare or anything because her daddy works late alot and if she went to bed at 7, she'd miss him on more nights than we would both like.  Plus, if I wait until he's home.....he'll do her bath/bedtime stuff!!!

3.  I'm really starting to pursue my professional career as a photographer.  I'm looking into having a website & logo made and buy some additional equipment.  I'll be doing free shoots of friends' children (let me know if you're interested!) in the coming months to build a portfolio.  And we recently sold our other house & gained a rental (it was a complicated deal/trade of properties to get rid of a house in this market & gain one that could be rented out).  This week, we signed a tenant for the rental, so now we are looking to have our basement finished & make a little studio area for me.  I figure I have a few years while I'm home with some babies to get this up & running or it's back to corporate america for me (not where I want to be.....!)  

4.  We again have visitors this weekend.  Meemi & Poppee (Brannon's folks) and their family friends Debra & Kelly (Yeah for Kelly who always reads my blog!).  We're going to the aquarium - Mackenzie's first trip.  I think she's up for it!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Glad to hear she is better! Teething can also bring on congestion and runny noses! K has had that for a few days now. Not fun I know!

Can't wait to hear how the photography goes! Let me know what lens you wind up getting. I'm in the market for one.

kregister said...

Glad to hear that she (and you) feel better! I think it's awesome that you are getting your photography up and running and I would LOVE to be on the list of clients! I haven't gotten any pics of Ansley for the Spring and it's killing me!!