For some reason, this week has just worn me out taking care of Mackenzie & I'm not real sure why that is. I mean, I'm always tired at the end of the day but this week it seems to have reached a new level. I'm really worried what I will feel like when she starts crawling..... I guess it's just a combination of things - Brannon working late/busy at work, some "not fun" firsts for Mackenzie (constipation then diaper rash), some extra work for mommy (we closed on our other house on Monday - praise the lord! But now we have a rental that I'm dealing with getting cleaned up.....) I can't believe that tomorrow is already Friday - this week has just been a blur. And that is why my blog has been uncharacteristically quiet. I didn't even get a chance to take 6 month pictures of Mackenzie. Hopefully I'll get to do that tomorrow.
I'm anxious to find out how Mackenzie is gaining weight next week - we postponed her 6 month well visit by a week so that the doctor could see how well she gains weight over 2 weeks instead of one while on prevacid & getting supplemental formula. Maybe the stress of wondering if she's eating enough wears on me too. Also, adding three meals to her day has thrown us a bit off schedule, and I'm not exactly sure what time is best to feed her & have her take naps. Eating food & nursing/formula is a bit much for her all at once & she refuses to eat after nursing/formula or doesn't drink much after eating. So, I try to space it out a bit - but I feel like I'm always feeding her. I think she's getting more calories in the nursing/formula department, but her appetite on food is still low it seems to me. And she gets mad & cries if I try to keep feeding her. She also still spits up a ton, so I question how well the prevacid is working for her. I guess we'll see in a little over a week how she's doing in the weight department - that's really all that matters. If she's spitting up but gaining, it's okay. I just have to deal with green peas & sweet potatoes on all her clothes :(
April 26 - Hunker Down Day 45
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment