Today while I was at Target, I passed through the book aisle and saw a baby name book. Now, I never bought one when I was pregnant, just looked names up online. But the other night at our community group - we had a new couple and as intros we went around and introduced our families and then said where our babies name came from (we all have just one little one). Well, Mackenzie was one of maybe two names that Brannon & I agreed on - so that was pretty much that & I didn't get into picking a name based on the meanings. Well, during the intros the other couples were saying what their baby's names meant. That said, I figured Mackenzie meant "Son of Kenzie" or something b/c as a 'Mckay' myself, I know that Mackenzie was originally a last name & in Scotland Mac or Mc means son of (I think.....). Not too exciting. Well as I perused the baby name book, I found Mackenzie to mean the following & seems pretty darn accurate to me!1. Daughter of a wise leader (yup.....now would that wise one be her mother or her father???)
2. A fiery woman (yup.....she's got a strong will we think....at least compared to other 6 month-ers that we know!)
3. One who is fair (YUP!!! My little girl is definitely a looker if you ask me! And no, I'm not biased at all!!)
I also looked up Amelia, which had just one meaning: Industrious or hard worker......let's hope so!

So, to sum up.....she is born to a wise parent. She is a beautiful determined woman who will work hard. Seems like a ticket to success to me!


1 comment:
Hi there, I wanted to try all ways of reaching you, since I didn't know which way was best. We're looking for your new address, since you mentioned a move in the past. Unless, of course, my memory is just faulty and the address we have is correct. Just email us and let us know. Thanks!
Post a Comment