Mackenzie had her 1 year appointment today, and she passed with flying colors......or something like that. Took her shots pretty well, although I think she cried by far the longest of any so far. Normally, she only cries while being stuck, then I make sure she has her paci & we walk back to the room & by the time we're there - she's usually done crying. Not today. Took some bribery (a cookie) and she stopped, though she started up again while holding said bribe, like she suddenly remembered the pain! Oh well, she was over it in about 5 minutes total.She is gaining weight very nicely these days. We are well past any "off the charts" fears, so that is nice :) She is still on the small side, but that is no shocker in this family! Surprisingly, she is the biggest girl of her one-year-old friends. Guess we're friends with some small baby girls! But some of her extra weight may be coming from her head size - it's rather large proportionally! But that just means she's brilliant, right?!?! Anyways, here's her official stats:
- Height: 28.5 inches (25%)
- Weight: 18 lbs, 12 oz (11 or 12%....dr said its past 10 but not much past)
- Head: 46 cm (75%).....at least I think it was 46 cm, I always forget the actual head measurement
So 12%, 25%, and then 75%. Wonder if her dad or I have a proportionally large head?
Another update from the visit.....we're supposed to wean off

the bottle asap. She's only on 2 bottles now, one in the morning & one at night. I was already doing sippy cups at meals with formula (will change to whole milk now). We'll wean the morning bottle first. Nighttime....that one I'm not looking forward to. She is so used to a bottle & a rock to go to sleep. Could be an interesting few nights to get used to that one.
Other notes: On track developmentally - walking, babbling, few words, understands no, eating table foods (though NO fruits & minimal veggies.....our girl is a meat/dairy fan!), sleeps well. The doctor did look at her gums & thinks the top four will be breaking through soon (it's about time!).
All in all, a good visit. She's healthy & happy. I couldn't ask for more.


1 comment:
I see that she hasn't tired of playing with the leash! LOL!
Post a Comment