Saturday, August 29, 2009

Baby on the Way

And don't worry (or get excited), it's not another McKay baby yet!  Our great, great friends the Gardiners are having a little baby boy in October and today I helped host a shower for Stephanie.  It was a lot of fun & we're all getting excited as it is only 5 weeks (+/-) til he is finally here.  I got to showcase my first attempt at a diaper cake, which I think turned out pretty darn well for my first try (if I do say so myself!).  It was also a little reminiscent of about this time last year when Stephanie was throwing me a shower in preparation for Mackenzie!  My how times have changed & how this past year has FLOWN by.  And wierd to think that the next year will likely go just as fast and she'll have a little tyke toddling around like we do this year!

While the girls were showering it up, Mackenzie was being 
watched by the men.  She seemed to have a good 
time hanging with the boys.  They took her to lunch at a 
pizza place, played with her while watching football or similar TV lineups, and she even took a nap for them!  (short, but a nap.)  Then, after the shower, the whole gang went out to  dinner.  Good times.  Won't be many more outings before we are a party of 6 instead of a party of 5!

No comments: