Thursday, February 19, 2009

Help in the Kitchen?

Today I was busy making some soup for my meal sharing friends (it's this AMAZING deal one of my friends invited me to do.....basically I cook one day & double the recipe & deliver it to my two friends & on their days, they deliver a meal to me. 3 days of meals for one day of cooking....not bad!). Anyways, Mackenzie started out in her exersaucer but very quickly proceeded to scream with frustration/boredom/who knows! I knew she wasn't tired or hungry because she just woke up and ate before the exersaucer. And she can't be trusted on our floors because she inevitably rolls into something and bangs her head. And I didn't have 3 hands to carry her while cooking.......so into the Bumbo on the top of the counter to watch me cook! She seemed to love it!

I got out my camera (after I realized on yesterday's post that I'm not doing so well in documenting her every move! HA!) and took some pictures. She was wearing a very adorable sweater (from Aunt Suzy) that she finally fit into and an adorable bow (from Meemi) that is in the shape of a yellow jacket to match the sweater (okay, it's probably a bumble bee, but for this GT family any yellow & black striped flying insect is a jacket!). Such a cute little ensemble!

She seemed to really enjoy being in the middle of the action while I cooked & I put her basket of toys next to her & when she got tired of one (after like 2 seconds?) she would peruse the other options in the basket. She couldn't quite reach, so I had to hand them to her. And at one point I guess I was to slow, so she decided the basket made a nice toy and into the mouth it went! She was also watching me while I cut up an onion and I glanced at her after cutting it up & she had a tear in her eye. Ooops! Guess that's what happens when you're that close to the action :)

2 comments:

N Ramsey said...

How cute is she??? Very!!! I gotta come see her again. She looks like she is getting so big!

N Ramsey said...

Look at her leaning over into the basket - I can see her getting into all kinds of stuff!