Friday, January 8, 2010

SNOW!!!!

We got our annual one snowfall of the year last night. About 1 inch of accumulation & it's sticking around all day because the high is still below or around freezing! It started snowing yesterday during her nap, but by the time she woke up, it had stopped. And I was bummed that it didn't snow again before bedtime. In fact, Brannon & I didn't even realize it had started up again b/c it was dark out, but the newscasters were talking about the 1 inch of snow after the game last night, so we looked outside and sure enough, it snowed!!

Mackenzie & I got all bundled up this morning and went
out onto the back deck to check it out. She LOVED it. Walked all around, bent down to play in it & even tried eating some of it! I, on the other hand, did not enjoy the 18 degree temperature (with a windchill of 4 degrees!), but tried to stay outside with her because I did enjoy seeing her play in it. Then, I came inside and stood at the door watching her, but that didn't work too well because she started whining for me to come out with her! After about 20 minutes, I'd had all I could take & we came inside and started a fire :) Maybe if the snow sticks around til tonight, her daddy can handle it better & play with her for longer!!

Hmmm......what IS this stuff?!?

Back & forth, back & forth.....who knew that could be so much fun in the freezing cold!?!?

Time to go in! Cheeks and nose are bright pink!

2 comments:

Heather said...

jealous of your snow!

Mommy Attorney said...

That is too cute! MP hated the snow. She refused to walk on it. I put some in her hand and she just dropped it. Who knows?