Monday, January 18, 2010

It was the Best of Times......

it was the.....well, maybe not the worst, but sometimes in the moment it feels like that. I feel like this age is soooo much fun with her learning so much everyday.....but the challenges grow equal to learning it seems! I think life with a toddler is so hot & cold and it changes on you (maybe just me?) in the blink of an eye. One minute, everyone is so happy, the next, whining/crying ensues. How does that happen so fast??

Example: Another success on the potty last night, immense hoopla by me, mackenzie is pretty pleased with herself. She gets her first successful potty treat (a chocolate chip) and couldn't be happier. I then tell her we need to go finish getting ready for bed and pick her up. She starts SCREAMING (well, maybe not that loud, but pretty loud). Really? Is that necessary? We can't stay in the bathroom ALL night.

Another example: She's happily laying on the changing table (which is not always the case.....but I digress). I'm giving her some toys to play with while I change her. Everything is fine. I sit her up to put on her shirt. I put the shirt over her head. It takes more than .025 seconds to get her hands/head through the shirt, she starts up that crying/whining. She's grown to hate having the slightest bit tight shirt put on. Really? I know it can't hurt. Is it getting in the way of playing by taking .05 seconds???

Ahhh.....maybe I just need some sleep. It's been a long day.

No comments: