Saturday, January 16, 2010

Holy Moly!

Night two with the potty chair (we didn't take a night time bath due to a late dinner, so she showered with me this morning & the chair is not in my bathroom) was tonight. Same routine. Sat her on it as I started the water. I asked her if she needed to potty & she shook her head yes. I thought, she's just in a 'yes' mood. But I encouraged her to stay on it, held her when she started to move for a little longer tonight & kept asking her if she needed to tee-tee & she kept saying yes. When she really started squirming I let her up - and she had tee-tee'd in the potty! Holy moly!!!! I think I need to go by some little treats tomorrow to really make her like going potty & want do it each night. So excited to build on this wonderful beginning :)

*Note: After the bath, I asked her if she needed to potty & she said no so I proceeded to the sink to brush her teeth, at which time she tinkled on me. Now, I will sit her before AND after the bath regardless of her answer! I think we could've had two successes tonight if I had done that!!

1 comment:

Mommy Attorney said...

Oh man, that's awesome!

MP went through a phase (and she's started up again) when she would tell me she was about to poop. Some friends recommend I get a potty and just start trying. Well, I went to Wal-mart and bought the cheapest one I could find because I didn't want to waste my money.

Dumb! The first time I convinced her to sit on the potty, she turned a bit on it and somehow it pinched her on the behind! She cried and cried! So naturally she's afraid of the potty now. I haven't pushed it in a few months so I may try again soon. My plan is to potty train over the summer, though. She is showing a lot of signs of readiness...

Good luck!