Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Walking Her Dog & Other New Tricks

I really need to keep up with my blog, pictures, and videos better than I have since she turned one.  For some reason, hitting one made me slow down on these things.  Probably signs of life to come, but I realized last night that she is learning so much that I want to record as much as possible before I wake up and she's in school!

Anyways, she is still loving dogs of all shapes & sizes (even a great dane at our friends house didn't phase her in the least!).  So, today I snapped a shot of her walking her own little (toy) dog.  This toy was a favorite at her birthday, but frustrated her to no end when at first she couldn't figure out how to walk it.  It was hilarious, but there were many frustrated cries in learning this trick.  She wanted SOOOO badly to be able to walk her dog.  After a few tries, she got the hang of it and it's smooth sailing now & much more enjoyable for all of us!!

She is picking up some more vocab.  This past weekend she added "All Done" to her repetoire.  We were eating at our friends house and she started signing all done.  I asked her if she was all done & she said "Ah Duh", which shocked everyone at the table & we all started clapping excitedly for her.  And she has consistently said it since then!  Got it on tape last night....will upload it soon.  She also now waves AND says 'Bye-Bye' in the cutest little high pitched voice.  LOVE it!!!!  

We also have quite a little weightlifter on our hands.  She absolutely loves to pick large items up & try to carry them around the house.  For example, she's not satisfied to ride her lion rider toy anymore.  Nope, she likes to try and pick it up - and to do so, must stretch her arms almost their full wingspan to do it.  She also does this for big baskets in our living room, an empty cardboard box that was on the deck, etc.....  I guess we have a strong girl on our hands.  Not sure where this interest might take us?!?!

1 comment:

Sara said...

One word: Cheerleading!