Thursday, April 23, 2009

PUFFS!

We have entered the world of self-feeding (actually we entered it a couple weeks ago & I'm just now getting around to posting these!). And boy do we love these Gerber puffs! Mommy b/c it gives baby something to do whilst I get the meal ready. Previously, much frustration (read crying/screaming) sometimes ensued during the process of fixing a meal! Baby loves it - b/c of the independence of it all? And they do taste decent - especially when compared with formula & pureed veggies! I actually wonder if they'd make a good diet food - 74 pieces = 25 calories. Of course, Brannon said that he'd eat them by the handful so that would defeat the purpose I guess. HA!

1 comment:

Mommy Attorney said...

Haha! Dad and I said the same thing about puffs. MP prefers cheerios now - I think because of the crunch. But we had the same problem of crying during food preparation. Now, no matter what meal it is, as soon as I put her in the highchair to go prepare food, I plop down about 7 cheerios, so there's no fussing.

Next question - how did you get Mackenzie to use a sippy cup? MP will only drink from a bottle or from a real cup (which of course I have to hold and use very carefully).