Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Mackenzie is 7 Months Old!

Hello Friends! I am 7 months old now! I'm past the halfway point now to the big 1.0 mark! Won't be long now, I promise!

I've been having a lot of fun lately at the McKay household. I'm quite the pro at sitting up on my own now & I think I'm big stuff. I can just sit on the floor and play with my toys - I really like to start with my basket full of toys & dump them all over the floor & play with them one by one! What fun!! Apparently, mommy & daddy like this too, I guess because I can play independently really well now.

I'm gaining weight well - we go for a weight check in a couple weeks to make sure, but mommy & daddy feel pretty sure I'm doing real well now on this front. "Unofficially" weighed in on our home scale at about 14 lbs now. I'm such a big girl! I'm outgrowing some 3-6 months clothes even (mommy says it's about time since I'm 7 months old! HA!) I enjoy eating most foods they feed me these days - I even eat peaches now! Green beans & peas are not my faves, but I manage to eat some by mommy feeding me two bites of a yummy fruit and sneaking in a bite of a green veggie & then quickly more bites of the fruit!

I am really starting to enjoy playing with people - especially my daddy! I get sooo excited when he comes home. I smile and laugh and throw my hands up in the air with excitement! He plays silly games with me like making a barking dog with his hands that pokes me on the nose & it's hilarious! I "talk" all the time now & I can say lots of sounds now like dada, gaga, baba. But my favorite by far is to say dada. (My daddy likes this alot). Mommy is still hoping I learn mama soon......
.
Other than that, I'm looking forward to celebrating my first Easter this weekend. I'm still not crawling, but the folks think I look like I might make progress towards that soon. Until then, I still enjoy rolling around to my desired destinations! No teeth either - but I'm not in a hurry for that - I hear that they hurt from my other baby friends!
.
ttyl,
Mackenzie (AKA "Mackenner the Winner!" Nickname courtesy of my daddy!)
.
Daddy & his "barking dog" trick
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Me attempting to copy the "barking dog" trick!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
That daddy of mine, he is just HILARIOUS!!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Concentrating (tongue out helps me to concentrate!)

No comments: