Saturday night was the annual Halloween party at the Gardiners house, that we've gone to for the past 4 years. SO, we just had to take little Mackenzie down there for the costume fun! I bought her a little black cat outfit last week at Babies R Us (It was the only costume left in size 0-3 months.....good thing they still had one choice for me at the last minute!). And it was just adorable on
her :) On Saturday afternoon, Brannon & I still needed our costumes and so we headed to the halloween superstore with Mackenzie in tow. We wanted our family to be a theme, so I decided I would be a witch and Brannon would be the broom! It turned out great :)
The party was a lot of fun....more low key than in past years, but that worked perfectly for us. We also got a chance to meet little Miss Ansley, who is the Gardiners' neighbors new baby & she was born just one day after Mackenzie. I marveled at what a chilled out little baby Ansley was.....she just sat in her mom's lap for an hour or two. NOT Mackenzie, she does not like to sit still in a lap. If you're holding her, you better be up moving
around! And really she does not like to be held in a cradled position unless you are feeding her! She rather be up over a shoulder looking out at the world! So, here I am bouncing Mackenzie over my shoulder (trading off with Brannon when tired) and Kim is holding Ansley quietly in her lap! I will say though that Mackenzie is doing much better in the night time sleep department, so I decided we both have our advantages :) My theory is Ansley is more chill during the day, she doesn't need to
sleep as long. But Mackenzie wears herself out during the day, and sleeps longer to make up for it!I was slow to get started on the picture taking, so I didn't get one of Ansley in her little pumpkin outfit (she got hot and they took it off!). But I did snag one of the two new daddy's doing some daddy
duty time holding the babies on the couch at the same time! Too cute :)


No comments:
Post a Comment