Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Back & Forth, Back & Forth.......

Okay - so my child LOVES to swing. Apparently, I also loved to swing as a baby according to my mom. She worried I was getting addicted to it I was in it so much or that it would cause some problems if I stayed in there too much. Well, Mackenzie may look like her daddy & take after him in many ways.....but this is one trait of mine that she has. She would stay in the swing night & day if I let her I think! Here are some recent snapshots of her in her favorite seat in the house :)

3 comments:

Mommy Attorney said...

The swing is a life-saver. For the first few weeks, it was the only guaranteed way to get my daughter to go to sleep. And she often woke up as soon as it stopped.

Unknown said...

Just chiming in to say that Michael SLEPT in his swing from his midnight/1 am feeding until 6 or 7 am (that was the only way to get him to skip that 3/4 a.m. feeding) from the time he was 3 or 4 months until 6 months . . . it was a catastrophe (sleepwise) in my house to run out of batteries for the swing in the middle of the night!!

Unknown said...

Valerie & Brannon,

CONGRATULATIONS and best wishes on this new "journey" of your lives. She is definitely PRECIOUS and not just in your eyes. Grandmommy Susanna & Grandaddy Richard are proud as they can be and I cannot wait to meet this lil' one in person. Maybe if your Mom goes up one weekend I can join her. ENJOY and let the swing do its job; Sterling (my 19 year old) slept much better in it than anywhere else. Someone had gotten us an attachment that was much like a bassinet mattress and he loved it. It made me feel better because he could actually lie down while he slept. Someone just had to be sure it was wound tight so it would not stop unexpectedly!! No worries.
step auntie Jenny in Tallahassee