Wednesday, June 16, 2010

7th Anniversary Trip

Last weekend, Brannon & I got away to celebrate our 7th (cannot believe it's been that long....) anniversary. We took advantage of eager grandparents & my mom & dad came up to watch Mackenzie while Brannon & I headed to the southern coast of Georgia to a little B&B in St. Mary's. We went on Saturday to Cumberland Island & enjoyed seeing the undeveloped island (despite the EXTREME heat!). I told Brannon that he couldn't say I was a wimpy pregnant girl - we even had to haul it quickly, and it was a couple miles, to get back to the early ferry (we didn't want to stick around in the heat) and I was walking faster than him! To which he nicely responded - "I didn't think you were wimpy anyways!".
We really enjoyed having a short little getaway. We haven't done too many of those since we
added Mackenzie to our mix. We're good about date nights, but not as good about trips without her. I guess we just don't like to leave her! It was hard to leave her, especially because Brannon worked late the whole week prior to leave early on Friday, so he felt bad leaving after not seeing her much during the week. She was no worse for the wear, and according to my parents, didn't miss us at all! I think she was enjoying getting spoiled!

Brannon in front of the Dungeoness Ruins

Brannon liked the old abandoned cars

Me on the boardwalk to the beach.....Those dunes behind me were super hard to walk on. It felt like walking through the desert!

The undeveloped beach of Cumberland Island.....quite different than most beaches (all beaches really) that I've ever been too!

No comments: