Thursday, May 14, 2009

Oh the DRAMA (Queen)

Well, we are doing much better in the sleep department.  Mackenzie is learning that she can, in fact, go to sleep after crawling around her crib.  Sometimes this includes some crying, sometimes not.....getting better, a few nights ago was a doozy of a crying session!  I went in and patted her back, but just don't like to get her out and rock again.  Not a habit I want to start.  So, after that night, she realized she was actually still required to sleep regardless of her crawling ability!

In other news, she is becoming quite the little drama queen.  Apparently, now that she can crawl, she thinks the world is her oyster.  And if I take any part of that oyster away from her, boy does she let me know that she TOTALLY disapproves.  It's like the cry when she gets hurt.  Her little face gets all red, and she waits a while to breathe and then when she actually breathes you know it's gonna be loud.  She lets out a WAIL!  OH boy.  Where did my sweet, little, easily placated, baby go?  

She also gets frustrated at times that she can't do more than crawl (or so that's what it seems to me is the matter, though it could be some other reason I haven't determined).  She'll crawl for a while and maybe realize it's a bit of work to get all the way to whatever item she's after (that I'm sure is one that is unsafe and I'll have to take from her.....).  So, she'll start whining.  Or she wants to pull up on something that is too hard or too tall for her to pull up on and that frustrates her.  

In some ways, it seems that she'll be more satisfied when she can walk?  I'm sure one day I'll look back and regret saying that.............

1 comment:

Heather said...

Each stage she will always look forward to the next stage. It's like they never are satisfied with what they are doing they need more