Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Musings of an Almost 9 Month Old

So, Mackenzie has been "talking" for quite some time now. I'm pretty sure we have a big talker on our hands (YIKES!). Like many babies (to the frustration of many a mother), she has proudly said "dada" for months. I wasn't too offended as I knew it is phonetically easier (I think that's why it's typically said first) and also it didn't seem to be actually CONNECTED to her father. Everything in her world was 'DA'. Maybe she knew he was "Dada", but if everything was "Da", it's hard to tell.....

Well, I think we are fairly certain that the two are now connected in her mind. Brannon was out of town for work last week for a day and took the red eye back home that night. When he came into our room, he found Mackenzie had convinced me (using a middle of the night crying session) to just bring her back to bed with me. So, I was in bed asleep & I guess Mackenzie was not asleep. He climbed into bed and heard her say 'Dada' and was looking right at him. So sweet. I'm pretty sure it melted his heart.

In other musings, after two isolated "mamas" spoken just for me on mother's day (her gift to me!), Mackenzie has slowly picked up saying this more & more. However, she pretty much only says it when she is upset. Seems to be calling for her mama when things are not going her way. Coincidence? I think not! Mama comes to save the day :)

2 comments:

Mommy Attorney said...

MP is the same way. When she's crying it's "Mamamamamamamama" and raising her arms to be picked up. When she's happy, it's "Dada!"

Unknown said...

Michael referred to everything as "da" too ... funny. He specifically called his Leap Frog ABC ball (which he was addicted too) "DA!" very emphatically for months!

p.s. Love the green dress and the little white sandals!!