Sunday, May 10, 2009

Fun in Florida

Mackenzie & I have been enjoying our time in Florida this weekend. We made it pretty easily through the airport on Thursday & she was really good on the plane. Took her bottle during takeoff - so her ears were regulated. She was a bit fussy/squirmy & wanted out of my arms when she finished her bottle, but I knew she was tired, so I forced her to lay down - which initially was met with crying but she gave up the ghost fairly easily & slept for the rest of the plane ride. Imagine that! WAY better than I expected!! Mommy even caught a few ZZZ's while she slept! I did realize that it will definitely be required to have my parents' help on our 3 hour flight to Denver this summer..... 30 minutes in the air by myself was manageable, but not much longer!


On Saturday, we went to the Tallahassee Junior Museum with both sets of grandparents. It's an outdoor sort of museum with various animals to look at & some other Tallahassee historical buildings that have been restored like an old schoolhouse, farmhouse, etc. Mackenzie enjoyed viewing the farm animals next to the old farmhouse. She saw an (old....I thought it looked like it was on it's way out!) cow, a pig, lambs, goats, geese, and ducks. Then, she saw some wild turkeys, a bald eagle, and some snakes (caged) around the rest of the trails. We took her to their playground where she showed her grandparents her new skill of swinging. Such FUN!
.


Looking at the farm animals
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Next to the (old) cow - sporting her bow & a new hat. One cannot have too many accessories!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Trying out the swing - holding mommy's hand until she got comfortable with the experience!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hanging with her Poppee & Grandaddy
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
How she enjoys grabbing stuff these days! And Grandaddy was wearing this neat hat!

No comments: