Thursday, August 12, 2010

Potty Training Take #2

Okay, so we've had some set backs recently and I was feeling kind of bummed about it. I took a step back when she didn't seem ready a month or so ago. We kept potty-ing at night before bathtime, but we were going out of town a lot, having grandparents keep her, etc, that I just knew we couldn't focus on it for a while anyways. But somewhere along the way, she decided she didn't want to go on the potty AT ALL! So, for a couple weeks, she has refused (loudly!) to go potty. I let it go, thinking it would come back......

But alas, it didn't (on its own). So, I started feeling the itch to try again. I bought lots of new stuff - extra seats for more rooms, new candy treats, a seat to go on the potty, & a step stool to get up to the potty. All set! I am doing a combination of treats for going potty & for random "clean & dry" checks. (That way I don't have to ask her all the time, hopefully!). We started after naptime. We had two accidents & no successes......and lots of refusals to go! But I'm in it for a little longer this time, so I'm not giving up yet. She then did want to potty before bath time. I made a HUGE deal about it, she got THREE treats out of the jar, and she seemed totally pleased with herself. I was sad to see her go tee-tee on the floor in her room after bath (she doesn't usually need to go again if she went before hand, but I gave her ALOT of apple juice this evening in order to increase her opportunities.....so out it came after bath. C'est la vie.) Hoping for more than 1 success tomorrow. (Almost) no where to go but up from one success, right?!?

ANother issue I have discovered in my PT endeavors......we have a HARD time staying home. That hurts the training b/c she's definitely not ready to go out & about with out at least a pull up. I had hoped to not go anywhere from tonight thru Monday......BUT tonight I had to meet a lady from craigslist to get a double stroller, tomorrow we have lunch with a friend wanting to get a gift certificate for a friend for a photography session, and my babysitter is available tomorrow night after being gone as a camp counselor ALL summer. It's really hard to stay home! I'm trying though.

No comments: