Thursday, May 13, 2010

Random Stuff on our Growing Girl

It's really hard for me to believe that Mackenzie is almost 2 years old....just 4 short months away. I feel like she learns so much daily that it's hard to keep up with all her learnings on the blog. I suppose that it is what it is.....but it's sad to think I'm going to forget so much of when she learned what. So, here's a few things that she's been doing lately......

  • Talking ALOT these days. Can't keep up with all the new nouns that she is learning. She also is putting more 2-3 word sentences together such as 'I want (fill in blank)', 'Hush Skylar', 'I like choc-lat!". Amazing. I love having a little buddy that I can (sort of) communicate with!
  • All my worrying was in vain.....Mackenzie is turning into a great little eater. She has continued to not enjoy fruit (except apples & grapes), but she eats so many things that you would never expect a toddler to eat. She LOVES meat! She'll eat steak, grilled chicken, hamburger, sausage, deli meat, and of course chicken tenders/nuggets (though only the "real" meat kind, she doesn't like the tyson nuggets or mcdonalds nuggets, which is fine by me! She likes Chick-fil-a nuggets & chicken tenders - which are all the texture of regular chicken). She eats a good number of veggies (could be more, but so much more than any of her friends, that I consider it a great thing!). She likes green beans, corn, baked beans, and peas. She also LOVES mushrooms and edamame. Those two things always surprise me. She even eats raw spinach from our salad if it has asian sesame dressing on it! She also loves eggs, peanut butter, and hummus. Not bad for a toddler in my book. She also likes normal toddler things, of course, like mac & cheese, pizza, and hot dogs!
  • We have officially entered the "No, mine!" phase. We hear this quite frequently, anytime you are holding something that she wants. We even heard it this weekend when I was on the couch hugging and leaning on Brannon. She came over and said, "No, mine!" and wasn't happy until I stopped hugging "her" daddy and she climbed up on him to secure "her" spot. What a girl!

No comments: