I had a really nice Mother's Day this year - it was especially nice to have my hubby here to celebrate with me (last year he was on a LONG business trip to Taipei, Taiwan!!!). So, this year, he woke up early, got Mackenzie ready for church & made me a wonderful eggs & pancake breakfast. Yummy! Then, we went to church followed by a nice lunch at Panera. Then, we came home, and he took care of putting Mackenzie down for a nap while I crashed for a LONG nap. After that he took us out for a nice dinner to a local hibachi restaurant. Mackenzie did soooo good at dinner - I think she liked the extra entertainment from having the cook right there. She loved watching all the tricks. She was a little weary when they do the big fire on the grill, but after he stopped she said, "More!". Funny girl!
And to really make my mother's day memorable, she actually posed for a picture with mommy while all dressed up! Rare occasion. Though I tried a new tactic, sit beside her instead of picking her up! She seems to do better with the freedom to come to me rather than being forced into a held pose. I'm learning......
My favorite picture!!
Wow, a posed picture on Mother's Day?? Didn't know it was possible these days!
A little look back at last year.....wow, she has grown!!
Is she not the cutest??? (Ignore the bare baby bottom that is in the picture!!) I'm so lucky to be her mommy!!!
Checking out the birds in our backyard with Daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment