Thursday, June 19, 2008

Kennebunkport, Maine

Well, we had an awesome time up in Maine - and of course, it went by too fast! The B&B was great - an easy walk to the downtown area and also to one of the beaches in that area. We really enjoyed a relaxing time without a set agenda. Some of the highlights included a trolley tour of the area to get aquainted, walks on the rocky coastline, shopping in downtown Kennebunkport & a great little area south called Perkins Cove, and a boat ride to see one of the local lighthouses. Oh - and I don't think I sweat the whole time, the highest temperature we had was mid-70s but on the overcast days it didn't get out of the 60s!! (Brannon might have been a little cold, but I loved it!!) Here are some pictures of our trip....

The adventure begins

On the pier made of rocks at the beach near our B&B. (I love this photo - I look like my old self, from the front view anyways)



Who is this stud? I think it's my hubby of 5 years standing along the rocky shoreline. (Although somehow he looks like he still isn't gaining sympathy weight???)


This is on a walk called "The Marginal Way" in the town of Ogunquit, which is just south of Kennebunkport. Very cool walk along the rocky Maine coastline! (Okay - I do look pregnant when I turn to the side!)













This is a walking drawbridge (that pedestrians can operate with a button) when the boats come in. Brannon almost pushed the button because he didn't think it still worked! This is in a cute shopping/dock area called Perkins Cove that we really enjoyed. (Notice that we are in long sleeved shirts & jeans in mid-June!)

In front of the Nubble Lighthouse. Our boat ride went from Perkins Cove down to this lighthouse.

My last dinner in Kennebunkport. I decided to try eating a whole lobster! It was fun & tasted great! (And yes, seafood is allowed when pregnant, you're just supposed to eat the ones low in mercury which includes shellfish).

Heading home.....last picture in front of Kennebunk Lake. (Interesting fact: This lake is fed by a river from the ocean and empties & refills almost completely twice a day with the tide.)

2 comments:

SmallvilleMom said...

Great pictures! Glad you had fun.

Sarah said...

Looks like you two had a lot of fun! I enjoyed the pictures!