Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sleep is for the Weak!

My parents left on Sunday after staying with us for the whole first week. I was a little nervous to have them leave and be on our own, but I was also ready to try and see how we did..... Well, the rest of Sunday & Sunday night went pretty well. I mistakenly started thinking, "This isn't so bad"!! Then, we woke up on Monday. She decided this would be her first really fussy day! She wasn't too bad during the day, but as the day wore on - around 9pm, she started wailing. We could not figure out how to get her to calm down. She cried for about 4 hours and finally wore herself out around 1am. Luckily for me, once she calmed down and went to sleep - she was a great baby during the night. I would wake her for a feeding and she would still go right back to sleep after her feedings. So, at least she was great during the wee hours of the night after her initial difficulty in getting to sleep. The next morning I dressed her in her "Sleep is for the Weak" onesie, since I thought it was appropriate on her first night of not wanting to go to sleep at night!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Classic with the yawn! Great photo!

Hope the sleeping gets better! Keep at it and know that "this too shall pass"