Sunday, September 5, 2010

Our Last Day

On Aunt Natalie's last day, we had planned to go swimming and show off Mackenzie's much improved skills since Aunt Natalie last saw her at the beginning of the summer - but the overcast weather & cooler temperatures didn't inspire us to go. Soooo.......I pulled a trick out of Mackenzie's Daddy's hat & took her to see a movie. Not sure if I've mentioned this or not on the blog, but my 2 year old has a great attention span for movies. Most of my friends with kids seem to wait until their kids are around 3+ to try a movie. My hubby started trying when Mackenzie was about 20 months. We've now watched Toy Story twice & Despicable Me twice in a theater! 3 out of 4 times she sat through the whole thing (only didn't make it through on the first try, but made it at least 3/4 of the way). So, Aunt Natalie & I took her to her second viewing of Despicable Me. She watched the whole thing with great attention. I find it amazing. Aunt Natalie & I enjoyed some easy laid-back time with Mackenzie before we had to take Aunt Natalie to the airport back to Colorado...... We're ready for her next visit!!

No comments: