Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Busy Weekends....And Baby Update

Well, it's quite hard to get caught up on my posts.....even with more energy! I still have some more Easter pics to post & last weekend we had my parents up here for a visit & took a ton of pics. But I'm gearing up to leave for a 4-day weekend to Florida to visit Meemi & Popeye at the beach for the "Shrimp Festival". So, hopefully when I get back I can get all that posted!

On another note, we had an ultrasound appointment at the OB today. Everything looked good. The baby's heartbeat was 156....pretty fast. Supposedly indicates a girl, I think, if you believe those old wives' tales. Which reminds me, I wanted to note that Brannon is leaning towards girl right now and I'm thinking maybe a boy......I'm sure I'll change my mind a few more times, though, before the arrival.

The baby (who may need a nickname....didn't have one for #1, but we found out she was a girl & called her by her name right after we found out!) was pretty still & stubbornly didn't want to move into the position the technician needed for measurement! Which was the OPPOSITE of our Mackenzie. Every ultrasound of Mackenzie seemed like she was quite an active little thing. We're hoping that means this baby will be a little more laid back (like his/her mommy) since #1 seems to be a little more of a go-getter like her daddy!

And on another note, I am amazed at how quickly the belly grows the second go around. Clothes are already pretty tight. Everyone says that's how it goes....... And I've gained 6 pounds ALREADY! Wow. I was thinking since I couldn't eat dairy this go around, I might not gain as much. That is not looking to be true so far!

PS - I'll upload the ultrasound pics next week.....I hope!

2 comments:

RxR said...

Thanks for keeping us posted! Thinking of you guys!! LOVE the Easter dress on Mackenzie!

Sara said...

Definitely need a nickname. Even though we knew we were having a girl, Hailey was "peach" since we were moving to GA and we hadnt picked her name out for a while. Keep the updates coming!!