Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Weekend Away.....and This & That

I got a great treat this past weekend.....a trip to Colorado by myself to visit my sister! It was so much fun - we hung out, went skiing, and I was carefree with no carseats, high chairs, or diapers!!! What a great break :)

But don't worry, Mackenzie didn't miss me too much. Her Meemi & Popeye came to visit her & took care of spoiling her. She got to go to the aquarium, got lots of new books & clothes, numerous trips to the parks, and an evening with a new little friend. I thoroughly enjoyed reviewing the pictures of her adventures while I was gone. After just almost finishing up with my final Disney pics, I have a whole new set to sort through & try to post!
I've been meaning for a couple weeks (while doing Disney posts) to do a post on how much her language has started to really grow. She is learning all sorts of new words - probably has 60+ by now, last I counted she had 40-50, but that was a while ago, so who knows where it could be now. And I've reached the point of thinking there's too many to count/remember them all anyways.

She's expanded into learning words that I don't remember teaching her. At first, she learned words that I reviewed and said many times with her. Then, all of sudden she started saying words I've never purposely said to her - I guess just in normal conversation. Like grill. One day, she's pointing outside saying "Gurl, gurl". I said, "Grill?" And she nodded. Okay, I guess she knows what a grill is now. That's sort of how it's going now. So much fun! And her understanding is just incredible. I feel like she understands almost everything I say to her.
Crazy! But AWESOME! And then, while I was
away, she started putting two words together - 'Want Water' or 'More Water'. And my favorite - "I Tee-Tee"......quickly followed by a sit on the toilet with success! WOW. That's all I can say about that.

No comments: