Friday, May 16, 2008

Thoughts & Updates at 24 weeks

Hi all! We are now at the 24 weeks mark - which means just 16 weeks to go. (But lots to do in that amount of time it seems!) Everything is going well still - I've been feeling great (gotta love the 2nd trimester!) I had a checkup this week and everything looked good. Brannon had to miss this one (it was an uneventful trip anyways) but the doctor noted it was the first time he didn't make it. I asked if we would be doing anything he'd regret missing and she said no, but we could crank call him with the heartbeat. So, I dialed his work # on my cell phone and didn't say anything - just held it to the heartbeat monitor for a few seconds. Then, I heard, "DINK??" and I answered and he thought it was pretty cool to hear that over the phone!

I went for my glucose test this morning - which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The drink was lemon-lime flavored and sort of tasted like a strong sprite flavored drink. It might have seemed worse if I hadn't prepared myself for a really bad tasting drink. What I imagined was far worse than what it tasted like :) I guess we'll find out the results soon.

Last thing going on these days is a little debate over how we will spell her name. I had assumed (apparently incorrectly) that the spelling would be the more traditional Mackenzie. Brannon apparently thinks it should be spelled McKenzie - to match the 'McK' of our last name. He thinks it's more confusing to do one name in the Scottish version (Mac) and one in the Irish version (McK). At least I think that's the difference between the two version of the names. I like spelling it with the Mac because then it is more like a first name than a last name since all the letters after M can be lowercase. Anyways, any thoughts? Feel free to leave me a comment!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I personally like the spelling with "Mac" because it further differentiates the first name from the last name. I'm also biased because I've always seen it spelled "Mac" with all lowercase letters. Good luck making the decision!

Heather said...

I like it with the McK just because it's different and I'm partial to different. Either way it is a very pretty name!