Well....it's official - we've decided on a name! Our baby girl will be named Mackenzie Amelia McKay :) This was always a favorite name of ours, and we tried to think of some other options in case we liked something better. But there wasn't much else we agreed upon, if any! And to top it off, I already had started thinking of her as Mackenzie, so it seemed wierd to change it because it already felt like it was her name. We liked the name Amelia because we have alot of special memories around Amelia Island in Florida (we got engaged there, I grew up there, his family has a vacation home there now, and alot of our best memories from dating/early marriage were spent there at the beach) and besides its just a pretty name! So, that's it. Hope you like it (or if not, keep it to yourself ;) )
Other news is that we began registering for baby stuff today. Brannon agreed to shop with me (a rare occasion) on my pre-mother's day and we went to Target & Babies R Us and started the registry. It was fun (more fun for me than him, although he was a good sport) but it was also exhausting!
April 26 - Hunker Down Day 45
6 years ago


3 comments:
Beautiful name! Mackenzie was one of our choices but like you said ... when you have a name that you love it is hard to think of something else! I also love Amelia! It's always fun when you can give names that have special meanings to you.
OH the shopping is fun!!! We just got the nursery painted yesterday and I'm going to put the bedding in today. So fun to see girly stuff around this boy infested home :)
I'm a huge fan!! Very pretty name :-)
Cute name! Can't wait to see her. Happy Mother's Day!
Post a Comment