Tuesday, March 25, 2008

1st Post

Well - I'm giving this bloggin thing a try.... So I guess I'll start with an update. I'm now about 17 weeks along & starting to show a little bit. I'll have to get Brannon to take a picture soon, so those of you out-of-towners can see how I'm changing :) Everything is going well & we're just under 3 weeks away from the next appointment where we should find out the sex. YEAH! I can't wait. We are leaning towards girl, but we'll see....

Anyways, here's a few pics for you to enjoy. The first one is from the last appointment where we got an ultrasound at 13 weeks. Pretty amazing how it already looked like a little human! Although the second one looks a little alienish with the brain so visible!

The next pic is from a while back. It was taken when I was about 9 weeks along and we had gone home to tell our parents the good news. We took the ultrasound from the previous week to show them and they took the picture at our celebration dinner. (The pointing finger belongs to soon-to-be granddaddy McKay). The trip down was kind of crazy in itself. We wanted to tell the parents in person and we were pretty busy for a number of weekends around that time. We were busting at the seems to tell all our friends & family, but didn't want our parents to be the last to know. We debated telling them over the phone or figuring out a time to go home & surprise them. We decided to drive down on a Sunday leaving around noon & showed up on their doorsteps as a surprise. We actually just caught Jan as she was leaving a few minutes after we arrived for a business trip. And we missed my mom because she was at choir practice, so we just drove over to the church and my dad went and got her out of practice. She thought someone had died when he told her he needed to talk to her outside. Needless to say they were thrilled! We then ate a celebratory dinner & hit the road to get home around 1am. Brannon was awesome, considering I was still suffering from a good bit of nausea and slept the ENTIRE way there & back!!!

That's it for now. Guess it was a long post - hope you enjoy my stories!

2 comments:

SmallvilleMom said...

Nice blog! Can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl!

Sarah said...

I love the blog! And your baby bump is so cute! It's exciting to hear first person how this experience is for you! Thank you for sharing and keep the blogs coming!